Thursday, August 23, 2012

Open and Inhale

Someday Sniff Technology is going to be in place. Maybe it already is and I just don't know it.  (And maybe if I were marketing such a technology I would brand it Aroma Pixels because Sniff Technology sounds a little, well, canine.) But getting to my point..........

You should be able to click on this picture and smell hot-out- of-the-oven fresh baked bread. The kind of bread that takes time to make. The kind of bread that you let rise, knead it, and let it rise again. The kind of bread you take out of the oven, let sit for a few minutes, then cut it up and slather a healthy helping of real butter on it. The kind of bread that's chewy, and warm, and oh my.

I live on the opposite side of the block from a bread factory. I know. Right? I can watch men in white uniforms load up fresh baked bread into their vans sporting the corporate logo from my windows. Every day. Their website says they bake bread twice a day. The aroma is enough to set my mouth watering each and every time. I can smell it in my living room, my bedroom, and from the rooftop. There is no escaping it. There are days when I feel like I have doubled in size just by breathing that glorious scent.

I can't think of anything I would rather smell than fresh baked bread. I'm not saying anything to the building managers, but they really need to advertise that our building gets a twice a day spritz of bread perfume. I'm willing to bet there are a few people who might think that makes the rent a little more appetizing appealing. Now, if I could just come up with those Aroma Pixels their advertising e-mail could be entitled:

Open and Inhale.



No comments:

Post a Comment