Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day and Night

I am looking out my office/bedroom window and enjoying the view. During the day I see people far below scurrying around on their way to appointments, walking to the grocery store with lists, and picking up prescriptions at the drug store. The traffic flows smoothly up 1st Avenue with an occasional emergency vehicle racing through with sirens.



The apartment buildings I see nearby look empty of it's occupants during the day. I'm sure they are not,  just as my building is not. There are young mothers and their children carrying on daily routines, work at home employees going about their business, people who work at night are sleeping soundly in their beds. 

I sometimes see a window open up or a shade being drawn but rarely do I see any occupants. But then night falls......
 
and I have not been able to capture a perfect picture of my magical view of the NYC skyline at night. I can see the Chrysler building lit up like a beautiful tiered wedding cake. The apartment buildings and high rises take on a whole new life. They sparkle and glisten as people turn on their lights and settle in for the evening, or workers stay late to file a list minute report. More than a few times I have been reminded of the movie "Rear Window" and contemplated the purchase of some really good binoculars. But I'm not sure I really want to know that much about what goes on in those other buildings.

Right now I will just enjoy the views during the day and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment