Monday, January 16, 2012

A Confusing Day

I was raking my fall leaves today when I realized my spring flowers are coming up.  First of all, it's JANUARY.  I should be shoveling snow off my sidewalk, bundling up against the north winds, or reading a book by the fireplace, not raking leaves that I had procrastinated doing two months ago. Second of all, I should not be seeing the first signs of spring. At this rate I will have peonies blooming for Valentine's Day instead of Memorial Day. Plants should be dormant right now. Resting. Taking a break. Instead,

what SHOULD look like this.....


Has these beauties coming up at it's base today.


And what SHOULD look like this.....



Has blossoms on it already!


The bird fountain usually has a snow cap by now......


but instead the birds are still able to enjoy a chilly bath.


I'm thinking maybe I can still get my spring bulbs planted if this keeps up. Now that's confusing!

Daily Downsizing Tally: Took 2 bags of books to the 1/2 Price Bookstore, threw away a garden pot, posted more stuff to eBay!


No comments:

Post a Comment