Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Can't See Unless You Tell Me Where We're Going

I know it's important to pick out the appropriate top, bottom, and shoes when going out. I also know to comb my hair, brush my teeth, and add a titch of make-up. But if you really want me at my best you better tell me where we're going so I can accessorize with the appropriate eye wear. I'm not even talking about fancy frames I'm just talking about the ability to SEE.

Going to the movies? That would be my distance contact lenses, unless we are going out to dinner afterwards and that would require taking along the pair of reading glasses that corrects my distance vision.

Sitting in an easy chair reading the newspaper?  I could just wear my bifocals but getting my reading portion focused on the right place on the page takes real skill. Someone help me here. Am I suppose to move the glasses or the paper? Tricky. My other choice is to insert one distance lens and one reading lens. Mono-vision my eye doctor calls that. One eye gets to read and the other one gets to look out the window - just not at the same time.
Face Glasses Clip Art
Working on the computer? The bifocals will work if I want a neck ache for the rest of the day from tilting my head up and looking down my nose through the reading portion. Don't you just hate it when you reach the age that you have to do that? Add a squint and that elongated jaw and you just added twenty years to your looks. Better to go with the mono's again.

Driving at night? Well, let me just say car lights, street lights, and neon signs take on a whole new sparkle, and not in a good way. Two distance lenses seem to be my best shot. But a better shot is just to clear the streets for me.

Going to bed to read? I want my reading-only glasses. Not to be confused with the reading glasses I use to correct my distance vision.

Going to the bathroom in the middle of the night? Just extend arms, walk slowly, and hope for the best. So far I've refused to put on ANY glasses for that trip.

Daily Downsizing Tally - It was a BIG day. Shipped two E-Bay orders, took two large bags to Goodwill, put aside a box of purses for donation, AND pitched another trash bag of stuff. Speaking of glasses, I need to figure out where to donate a couple of pair.




No comments:

Post a Comment