Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Coordinating An Exchange



                                     

Me: Are you leaving your hair dryer?
C: Yes.

C: Do you want me to pick up any special shampoo?
Me: Not necessary

Me: Do I have your correct address?
C: That's it!

C: Do I need to bring a swimsuit?
Me: Thinking no.

For the past few days one of my best friends from high school and I have been exchanging e-mails in anticipation of a bigger exchange - our homes. She and her husband live in Alaska. We, of course, are in The City. This weekend we will each fly in opposite directions across the entire continent to spend two weeks sleeping in each others beds, visiting each others neighborhoods, and exploring completely different lifestyles.

Me: Do you have a pair of binoculars that you are leaving? We are leaving ours here.
C: Yes 

Though I believe the wildlife they will observe will be VERY different from the wildlife we will observe, not having to pack binoculars lightens the load. They will be packing hot weather clothing, we will grab the turtlenecks at the back of the closet. They will head for lights in Times Square, we will hope for a glimpse of Northern Lights. I want to hear birds chirping, she will hear saxophone music in Central Park. 

C: Do people dress up for the theater?
Me: Not really, it's tourist season you know. Anything goes.

This is going to be interesting.........and the coordination continues.

1 comment:

  1. Keep blogging EVERY SINGLE DAY. I am living this exchange vicariously. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete