Friday, June 21, 2013

One Year Down, One Year To Go

Moving In Day

Last year, on the third Friday in June, my husband and I moved into our NYC apartment. All 725 square feet of it. We wondered if we would be able to adjust to not having a car, not mowing a lawn, not having lots of rooms to wander around in. As it turns out Yes We Can.

People ask me frequently what I miss most about not living in the Midwest and owning a large home. What I miss about living in the Midwest are my friends, organizations and clubs I participated in, and quiet mornings listening to the birds sing. What I don't miss is the house and all of the stuff that goes with it. That's not to say we won't own a home again some day but I have a whole different perspective on just how much space it takes to live comfortably.

We had decided before moving here that we would commit to two years and then move on. We don't know what our next move will be but for now we are settled in. I'm looking forward to the next 365 days of exploring the five boroughs of NYC and spending time with my son and his lovely family who live four floors up.

Our living room/TV room/guest room/library/dining room (table not shown)




No comments:

Post a Comment