Monday, March 5, 2012

Cheers!

Anniversary Clip Art 300x221 Anniversary Clip Art2012 is a Significant Wedding Anniversary Year bonanza in my family.

 My parents would have celebrated their 60th this year. Unfortunately my dad passed away after going out to dinner to celebrate his and my mom's 37th wedding anniversary. We've missed having him around the last 20+ years and I know he would have enjoyed all of our anniversary celebrations as long as it involved the grand kids.

My older, younger brother and his wife will celebrate their 30th in early May. Three athletic daughters (including a set of twins) have kept them at sporting events most of their wedded bliss years but I don't think they would have it any other way.






My younger sister and her husband just celebrated their 25th last month. None of us kids attended their small wedding in our little country church and my older, younger brother has always contended that "if we didn't see it, it didn't happen". I'm going to take them at their word that they really are married. Why go to all that trouble to dress up if there's not a ceremony taking place?




My youngest brother and his cowgirl bride will celebrate their 20th in September. The youngest of the grand kids belongs to them and I guarantee he will keep them on their toes for many years to come.







And then there is us. Another wedding that my older, younger brother will swear didn't take place. But it did. I brought my sister along to Carmel, CA just so I would have a family witness. Well, that wasn't the only reason. It just so happens I like having her around. The fact that she and her husband wanted to tag along on the honeymoon is a whole other story.
We will toast our 15th anniversary in early June. Even though it was a second marriage for both of us the years are adding up fast.

Cheers Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment