Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Help me, Nate!

Beautiful rainbarrel
I did it. I wrote into a TV show requesting help decorating my apartment in NYC. Granted, I don't HAVE an apartment in NYC yet but I thought I should be prepared when I DO have an apartment in NYC.

I figure what the heck? I mean c'mon, I won a beautiful rain barrel at the Spring Fair I attended this past weekend and considering I never win anything I figure this is time to make this pitch, buy lottery tickets, and have a colonoscopy because my luck is running in the right direction!

I enjoy watching The Nate Berkus Show. Nate hosts a design show and he is really good about helping people with redesigning spaces, buying old furniture and making it new, and complete room makeovers. He is based in NYC and I figure he can help me downsize from our big, traditional Midwestern home to a small, urban one bedroom apartment and make it look hip. Right?

The thing is, there was no direct way to contact Mr. Berkus to make my request so I had to take a more subtle approach. I pitched my garden as something I would just LOVE to share on his show. Since I could only upload three pictures I did my best to give his producers something they would have to stop and say, "Well of course, it would be a great idea to feature a four season Kansas garden on our show! Have we ever had a Kansas garden on our show? No? Well, we need to remedy that omission right now. Today!"

Yeah well maybe not, but I felt I just had to try. It would be great to have someone else go out and peruse the city for furniture and art and decide what color of paint would be the perfect backdrop for an apartment with a cityscape view. I'll even be happy to work with Mr. Goodwill, the guy on his show that goes to second hand shops, finds quality furniture, waves his wand and voila(!) you have a museum worthy piece for pennies. I NEED that kind of help. Sleeping on an air mattress and using a cardboard box for a TV stand just isn't going to cut it in the Big Apple.



Mmmm, I'm still waiting for the phone to ring and I hit the SEND button over a half hour ago. Anyone else had any experience with this? Does it take them this long to call?

 Help me, Nate!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy Williams is also based in NYC. She does wonders with shoes, make-up, weaves and boas.

    ReplyDelete