Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chicks

The Grandma gene kicked in today.

I agreed to accompany a friend to the local farm supply store to pick up top soil today and what should I find in the middle of the store but crates of little chicks. None of them were pastel colored (thank goodness) even though I used to enjoy seeing those at my little farm town's feed store at Easter time. My first thought was "How cute!" my next thought was "Nolan has to see these." Never before has "Nolan has to see these" popped into my head before today but that's what the Grandma gene does when it is activated.




I know two weeks old is a little young to get all hyped up about cheeping chicks but just you wait. Seeing things through the eyes of children is a great way to experience those "first time" events all over again. It's going to be fun.

In the meantime I think his parents are glad I was still 1200 miles away when the gene kicked in. What would they do with a chick in a NYC apartment?



No comments:

Post a Comment