Friday, April 6, 2012

Intoxicating Spring

Is it just me or does it seem like everything that can possibly bloom in a spring/summer season has already bloomed or is getting ready to bloom?

I have never seen anything like this. The warm weather has all the ornamental trees blooming at the same time. It's almost too much to bear.



Redbuds, crabapple, dogwood, plum cherry, and pear. Color and fragrance is everywhere.

The daffodils were beautiful, the tulips and phlox still are. The peonies we used to place reverently on graves over Memorial Day, I saw blooming near our university campus earlier this week. The lilacs I would place in my May Day baskets are releasing their intoxicating aromas into the evening air as I write this. It's too early and it's almost too much.

 I love it....and yes, I will miss my backyard.

1 comment: